2011年12月28日水曜日

BR 2-11: The Giant Jelly Bean Jar


"I'll share my prize with you" (Aboff & Billin-Frye, p.13).

I chose this book because I like jelly beans, so I had an interest in the title of this book. First of all, the main character is Ben who likes jelly beans. Then he goes to Jo-Jo's shop with his sister, Jill. There is hold a contest, and participants guess for riddle with a bean flavor. After that, a winner is able to get a jar full of jelly beans.

I thought that jelly beans make us happy, because they look cute, like a jewelry, having a lot of flavors and colorful. Then participants are seriousness for riddle and a full of jelly beans. Therefore, I think that this contest has a meaning to children. Also, I think that this contest gives them dreams. Then I haven't eaten jelly beans these days, so after reading this book I thought I want to eat them after a long time. If you want to know in the end, please read this book sometime.

Reference

Aboff, Marcie. & Billin-Frye, Paige. (2004). The Giant Jelly Bean Jar. New York: Puffin Books.

[161 words]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿