2011年5月29日日曜日

BR 1-03: The Elves and the Shoemaker

I chose this book, because I saw it for the first time that I thought I wanted to read this book. There are an old shoemaker and his wife. He carefully makes shoes that these shoes are handmade. One day, there is another shoes shop on the side. However, the shoes shop were badly sewn and with poor leather. Then the crafty shoe seller's shop is bargain price. Local people don't know about his shoe shop. So they were delighted, because shoe is cheap. Old shoemaker was too tired to saw these. Early next morning, there are perfect pair of shoes on his work table. He and his wife were surprised to saw it. Then guests who bought shoes at cheap shop, they claimed to the crafty seller. After that, old shoemaker's shop became popularity than before. That night, old shoemaker and his wife found two little elves. They were making shoes! Finally old shoemaker and his wife unraveled the mystery. The elves helped to sincere two persons. It is very wonderful! Then old shoemaker and his wife made little suits and two tiny pairs of shoes for the elves. The elves were glad. This story is interesting for me. Especially, I thought elves are cute when they looks glad that they put on new suits and shoes. I recommend to you this book.

Reference: Daynes, Katie. (2004). The Elves and the Shoemaker. London: Usborne.
[235 words]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿