2011年10月19日水曜日

BR 2-04: Saying Goodbye


"She said it's a big day today, and we need to look good for Grandpa" (Reilly & Orsini, p.4).

I chose this book because I thought I wanted to know a meaning of this title in this story.

First of all, this is the story of grandpa and grandchild, the boy. One day, grandchild, the boy had to dress up. It's because his grandpa is gone. They were good relationship, so the boy has a lot of remembrance. Grandpa told the boy stories and jokes. Also, the boy saw grandpa's magic tricks. After that, the boy would help his grandpa when grandpa worked in his garden. Also, grandpa was good at sport, and he got a lot of prizes until now. Their sports and prizes are soccer, tennis, golf, and more. Then I think that the garden is memorable place for the boy.

I think that this book was not only sad story, but also warm story. Then the last chapter is written about saying goodbye, so you will be able to know the meaning. I recommend this book to you.

Reference

Reilly, Carmel. & Orsini, Cheryl. (2007). Saying Goodbye. South Melbourne: Thomson Learning Australia.

[162 words]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿